Saturday, April 2, 2011

...spoiled, or at least I'm trying!











I have to say that I was a little tentative when we adopted AK (even though it took years...can't say I'm great with change), and it took no time at all for me to become completely enamored with her and so of course I am probably more excited about Inara because of AK!



Recently, something interesting has happened over the last few days and it's really wonderful! I've spent more time with AK and she's really growing up fast. I sometimes get jealous that Julie gets to spend all this intimate time with AK -and now, with Inara- so I'm so happy to have AK gravitate to me in the last few days as our family is adjusting and really enjoy her extrodinary intelligence and see how such an interesting girl is blossoming. Much of my adoration is drawn to the little things: noticing that there is no 4th floor on the elevator, strong determination to read everything, big smiles, her sayings that are perhaps beyond her maturity, but they are so situationally appropriate, and on, and on...



I love all pictures of AK, so it was hard to pair down, so here are some recent ones that I like, and yes, I know they are in a blog for Inara, so I hope you all appreciate also. We had a couple approach us the other night -grandparents of an adopted Chinese girl- who were just taken with not only thier daughter but both AK and Inara. This trip is about Inara, and she gets many smiles wherever we go, and we just get so many smiles also for AK that I wanted to add to Julie's incredible blog (I'm always intimidated to add to Julie's blogs because she is more eloquent than I am).


Cheers,

E




2 comments:

  1. Great hearing your voice, Eric! And might I concur that AK is absolutely Awesome! Looking forward to meeting the four of you soon.
    IRena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the pictures but that last one I LOVE! It strikes me each time I look at it. I think it's wonderful you are getting this great bonding time with AK on this trip. It IS about Inara but Inara is part of your family now so it really is about all of you. And it is tough for older siblings when a little comes into the picture and "steals" all the attention. Good for you for spoiling AK!

    ReplyDelete