Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gotcha Day, March 28 - Nanjing



It is 5 AM and I am here in bed watching my two babies sleep. They are beautiful. I love listening to them breath. I wonder what they are dreaming about; Akasha my serious child and Inara who in one day has already revealed that she is a comedian and an incessant giggler.

Inara mourned the separation from her nanny for about 4 hours. It was so sad to hear her wimper and look around hoping her nanny would appear. She cried for “mama” and it wasn’t me she was crying for.

And then, as we got ready for bed and snuggled with the girls, Inara began to smile. First, her smiles were for Akasha. But, soon, she infected herself with her own smiles and she could not contain the Huanxin, elated joy, that is her.

It was about 8 o’clock that the outright goofy antics began that I did not know a 15 month capable of. She began teasing Akasha and then teasing me and giggling when we played along. And, she did the most surprising thing of all, she snuggled into me and stayed that way until she fell asleep.

When she woke at midnight, I expected her to begin crying when she looked around and realized she was still in the strange environment in which she dozed off to. Instead, she began playing, laughing and snuggling some more. She crawled over to check on Eric – he smacked his leg and when he moved she gave a satisfied giggle. She nudged AK to see if AK would wake and play, to no avail. So, she simply propped her feet upon her sisters belly and leaned against me to play and snuggle. She finally ran out of steam at 1 o’clock and drifted back to sleep. I wonder what other wonderments today will bring . . .

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this was deliciously beautiful and your writing is so eloquently descriptive...true love is coming through and being felt for your family!

    ~ Dawn

    ReplyDelete